HOLY SPIRIT CATHOLIC CHURCH
Copyright Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Bray Park
A Pastoral Council shares in the responsibility for the ongoing life and development of the faith community, working together with parishioners to provide support for their efforts as followers of Christ.
A Pastoral Council consists of the Pastor together with a group of parishioners chosen by the parish community.
The Pastoral Council's role is to promote the Church's mission to live and communicate the love and values of Christ in our world.
The Pastoral Council shares in the responsibility for the ongoing life and development of the faith community, working together with parishioners to provide support for their efforts as followers of Christ.
Why have a pastoral council?
Pastoral Councils are one of the structures which were strongly recommended by the Bishops of the Second Vatican Council.
They witness to the basic equality of dignity of all members, by reason of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist, highlighting the role of all to share in the saving mission of Jesus.
Pastoral Councils are part of the Vatican II movement towards shared responsibility and shared ministry.
Work of pastoral councils
Pastoral Councils seek to:
1. search out and respond to the hopes, ideas, needs and concerns of parishioners
2. grow in knowledge and awareness of what is already happening in the parish
3. encourage and support the good work of existing groups within the parish
4. evaluate carefully information gathered in order to contribute towards the making of decision that reflect the values of the Gospel and the teachings of the Church
5. set long-term and short-term pastoral goals for the parish
6. provide opportunities for parishioners to grow in their relationship with God and with each other to develop, implement and improve parish initiatives that assist parishioners in their continuing efforts to live as effective Christians in society
An excerpt from:http://brisbanecatholic.org.au/support/pastoral-councils-support/
HOLY SPIRIT PASTORAL COUNCIL
The present Holy Spirit Parish Pastoral councillors are:
Father Rogasian MsamI - Parish Priest
Matthew Dash - Chairman
Bryan Irvine - Vice Chairman
Jo Murray - Secretary
Kim Barrett-Coade, Simon Bott, Andrew Brady, June Clowes, Laurie Conlan, Doreen Mones, Michael Rosenthal, Kevin Scott,