Abstract submissions for oral presentations have now closed. Poster submissions however are still open.
Authors who have submitted an abstract will be notified of their acceptance no later than 22 October 2010.
Confirmed keynote presenters can submit by clicking on the link below
Keynote presenters, please submit your abstract before 19 October, 2010
How to submit an abstract
To make a submission to ACIS 2011 you must register your details with the submission system.
Once you have registered with the system you will receive an email with two attachments:
- Instructions on how to use the online submission system
- The ACIS 2011 template.doc file that MUST be used for your submission
A. Important Information
The abstract template is a Microsoft Word file which is designed to ensure that your abstract is prepared in the right way for publication. Please save this template file to your PC’s hard drive and use it when you prepare your abstract.
If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
Abstracts are required for all papers and posters. Abstracts MUST be submitted using the template form provided.
Each abstract must fit within the abstract template and use the Arial font in size 12.
If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login for each abstract.
You can alter your abstracts at any time up to the deadline
Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a “blind” reviewing process may be used – you can enter the names online during the submission process.
B. Preparation of Your Abstract
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study. Capitalise the first letter of each word. No full stop at the end.
- Abstracts should state briefly and clearly the purpose, methods, results and conclusions of the work.
||Clearly state the purpose of the abstract
||Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly
||Present your results in a logical sequence in text, tables and illustrations
||Emphasize new and important aspects of the study and conclusions that are drawn from them
- Open the template file and enter your abstract into it following the instructions above. Save it and make a note of its saved location.
C. The Submission Process
- Log in to the submission system when your abstract is completed and ready to send. To log in, enter your email address and the password you chose when you registered with the system.
- When you click the “log in” button you will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you have not yet submitted an abstract to the system you should click the link that says “Click here to submit a new abstract”.
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Each step asks several questions:
Step 1: click the “Browse” button and locate your abstract file on your PC’s hard disk. Fill in answers to any other questions on this screen and then click the “Next” button. Your abstract file will be sent to our system – this can take a few seconds if you have a fast internet connection, but may take longer if your connection is slow or you have included lots of graphics in your abstract. Please be patient!
Step 2: you can copy the abstract title from your Word document and paste it into the Title field on the submission form. Please note that because of web browser limitations some scientific symbols may not paste correctly into the form – you may have to correct this by writing the name of the symbol in full, for example “beta” instead of β. Your Word document will not be affected.
All steps: some questions are marked “Required”. We cannot accept your abstract until these questions have been answered.
All steps: if you do not know the answer to a question you can skip the question and return on a later occasion to complete it.
Final step: once you have completed this step click the “Finish” button. If you have answered all the mandatory questions then your abstract will be assigned a reference number and you will receive email confirmation. If you have not answered all the mandatory questions your abstract will be held in temporary storage until you return later and complete all the questions.
D. Amending a submission
You may wish to change your answers to some of the questions on the submission form, or even to change the abstract file itself.
- Log in to the submission system
- You will see a list of the abstracts that you have submitted. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- The process of amending an abstract is the same as the original submission process, except that the submission form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously – you don’t have to change an answer if you don’t want to.
- If you want to change your abstract file you can click the “Browse” button to locate the revised file on your PC’s hard disk, then click “Next” to send it to the abstract system. If you don’t want to change the file, just press “Next” to bypass this step.
- When you reach the final step and press “Finish” you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended – provided you have answered all the mandatory questions.
E. Withdrawing an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the conference secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
Site best viewed using Internet Explorer. Last updated
19 October, 2010