The organising committee would like to alert Japanese colleagues
to the Endeavour Japan Awards which provide financial support
for postgraduate students from Japan to undertake, in any
field of study:
- an Australian higher degree; or
- research in Australia towards a higher degree in Japan.
The Endeavour Japan Awards are to commemorate the 30th Anniversary
of the NARA (Nippon-Australia Relations Agreement) Treaty
and recognise the subsequent 2006 Australia-Japan Year of
Exchange. The Year of Exchange was agreed to by Prime Ministers
Howard and Koizumi during a visit the Australian Prime Minister
attended in Japan, 2003.
The Endeavour Japan Awards aim to:
- enable high achieving students from Japan to undertake
study or research in Australia;
- strengthen bilateral ties between Australia and Japan;
- showcase Australia's education sector within the region;
- strengthen mutual understanding between the peoples of
Japan and Australia;
- further develop Award holders' knowledge and skills in
their field of study; and
- build international linkages and networks.
The closing date for 2006 awards is 2nd September 2005.
We are happy to find a group within the Australian Colloid
and Surface Science community to host any Japanese student
who wants to apply for one of these awards. Interested students
Erica Wanless (secretary, RACI Colloid and Surface Science