The following is a list of guidelines for behavior that applies to all players, spectators and referees 'in the Christian Basketball Association.
These guidelines are a combination of Christian principles and recommendations from the Victorian Basketball Association.
1. Play by the rules.
2. Never question the decision of a referee or an official during a game. If you disagree, have your captain or coach approach the referee during a break so the dispute can be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
3. Control your behavior. Verbal or physical abuse of officials or other players or provoking an opponent is not acceptable (including derogatory language based on gender, race or impairment).
4. Be a good sport. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Acknowledge all good plays regardless of which team.
5. Always do your best and play for your team, not yourself as this will benefit your team's performance.
6. Be a fair winner and a good loser.
7. Interpret rules and regulations fairly. Be consistent, objective and courteous in calling infractions.
8. Help players learn to play the game well by ensuring rule infractions are understood.
9. Condemn the deliberate foul as being unsportsmanlike, and promote fair play and appropriate sporting behavior.